Attorney Mike Van Huysse grew up in Rochester Hills, Michigan, where he graduated high school and subsequently attended Oakland University, majoring in Political Science. After obtaining his bachelor's degree from Oakland University, Mike moved to East Lansing to attend Michigan State University College of Law.
While at MSUCOL, Mike became a big fan of the Spartans and regularly attended football and basketball games, and still does to this day. During law school, Mike interned at the Washtenaw County Public Defender's Office, and later clerked at a law firm in Okemos that specialized in criminal defense, family law, and civil litigation.
Upon graduating law school in 2009, Mike sat for the Michigan Bar Exam and became licensed to practice law in the state. After becoming licensed, Mike continued to work as an attorney at the law office where he previously clerked at during law school. While there, Mike practiced criminal defense, family, civil, and bankruptcy law. During this time, Mike also had the opportunity to handle criminal misdemeanor dockets as counsel for indigent defendants for the Honorable Hugh B. Clarke, Jr. and the Honorable Charles F. Filice at the 54-A District Court in Lansing.
In the fall of 2015, Mike left his old firm and started his own practice, MCV Law PLLC, where he continues to specialize in criminal defense, domestic relations law, bankruptcy and civil litigation. While Mike primarily practices in Ingham, Eaton, and Clinton counties, he has represented clients in cases all over the state, including Macomb, Oakland, Wayne, Isabella, Roscommon, Ottawa, and Grand Traverse counties, just to name a few.
Mike currently resides in Mason with his wife Jessica, daughter Aubrey, and dachshund "Roxie." When not doing "lawyerly things," Mike enjoys watching MSU sports, playing softball, golf, and occasionally learning a new song on guitar.
- All Michigan State Courts
- Federal District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Federal District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Court
- State Bar of Michigan
- Ingham County Bar Association
- Recipient of the 2017 ICBA "Top 5 Under 35" Award
- Michigan Assigned Appellate Counsel System/State Appellate Defenders Office
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Ingham County Court "A" List for Capital Offenses (Murder, CSC 1st Deg., etc.)
- Ingham and Eaton County Court List for Juvenile Offenders and Parents Involved In Abuse/Neglect Cases
Attorney Michael C. Van Huysse